Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Just a quick update

So I went for my amnio on Monday morning. My HR OB also checked me to see if I am ready. They score your readiness on a scale of 0-10 (0-4 means you are not showing any signs of readiness and induction is not recommended, 4-6 means you could be induced, 6+ means you are definitely a good candidate for induction). I scored a 0. Yep, not even a pity point. So my body is not ready to be induced. Which is fine because we got the results from the amnio back and Thumper is also not ready. Her surfactant levels were around 30something, which puts her risk of lung issues at 15%. That's too high for us. So we continue to wait.

I go for another NST on Thursday and then another one on Tuesday. After my Tuesday appt I will have another consultation with my HR OB. At that point we will figure out the induction plan. He wants to induce me early/mid next week. We are good with that plan. The only problem now is my regular maternity doctor, the one that will deliver the baby, is away mid/end of next week. So it looks like some random doctor on call will be delivering my baby. I actually don't really care. I figure the nurses and Brian and I do most of the work anyways. Plus I'm sure my HR OB will be checking on me too, so I know I'll be in good hands.

In the meantime I'm hoping I just go into labour on my own. Any suggestions?


  1. I don't know about inducing labor (though my SIL swears by shopping at Costco after eating Mexican food), but I wanted to say "Hello" and let you know I am checking everyday for updates and thinking and praying for you often. I can't wait to read Thumper's birth story! {{{Rae}}}

  2. Evening primrose oil is one that I've heard helps. Maybe asking the other ladies on the board what they used. I rearranged my living room. :-) Good luck and I am praying for you.

  3. I really hope that "no news is good news"!

    Looking forward to hearing good news from you on here.